- KAZUHITO KOMIYA
- Advisor of Chiba Institute of Technology (2020-present)
- The Twelfth President of Chiba Institute of Technology (2012-2020)
- Chancellor's Professor of Chiba Institute of Technology (2001-present)
- Office : Tsudanuma Campus
- University websites
- Kazuhito Komiya is the Chancellor's Professor at the Chiba Institute of Technology, Japan. He is also an Advisor of the university. He obtained his BEng, MEng and PhD from Waseda University, Japan. His current research activities are Mechanized (robotized) tunnelling control, Geo-environmental science, Smart infrastructure and construction, Mechanized (robotized) ground improvement control and Geomechanics. Recently he has also made a lot of research achievement in the field of the Strategy and management of engineering education.
He is an executive director of the Japan Universities Association for Computer Education (JUCE) (2017-) and an editorial writer of the Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE) (2019-).
In the past, he was a member of the Committee for National Civil Service Examination of Japan National Personnel Authority (2010-2013), the Guest Professor of National Chiba University (2001-2009), the President of the Japan Kanto Society for Engineering Education (2016-2017) and an executive director of the Japanese Geotechnical Society (JGS) (2011-2013) etc.
He was the editor-in-chief of Journal of the Japan Geotechnical Society (2012-2013). And he served as an editorial board member for Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE) (2002-2004, 2010-2015), JGS Soils and Foundations (2005-2008) and Journal of Japanese Society for Experimental Mechanics (JSEM) (2001-2008) etc.
He received the 2012 Faculty Development Award from the Japanese Association of University Physical Education and Sports and the 2017 Achievement Award from the Kanto Society for Engineering Education etc.
- For more details, please go to Curriculum Vitae - July 2020 (243Kb).
- 1989-1992 - Waseda University, Japan, Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
- 1987-1989 - Waseda University, Japan, Masters in Civil Engineering
- 1983-1987 - Waseda University, Japan, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Eighth-Yearly Address by President Kazuhito Komiya（12th June 2020, 102Kb）
- CIT Globalization Vision Statement (Internationalization Policy) and the aforementioned achievements (31st March 2020, 108Kb)
- Seventh-Yearly Address by President Kazuhito Komiya（29th June 2019, 93Kb）
- Sixth-Yearly Address by President Kazuhito Komiya（29th June 2018, 98Kb）
- Fifth-Yearly Address by President Kazuhito Komiya（29th June 2017, 93Kb）
- Reappointment Address by President Kazuhito Komiya（29th June 2016, 93Kb）
- Speech at the Aguascalientes state administrative office on April 18, 2016（95Kb）
- Third-Yearly Address by President Kazuhito Komiya（29th June 2015, 99Kb）
- Second-Yearly Address by President Kazuhito Komiya（29th June 2014, 92Kb）
- First-Yearly Address by President Kazuhito Komiya（29th June 2013, 95Kb）
- Half-Yearly Address by President Kazuhito Komiya（29th December 2012, 96Kb）
- Inaugural Address by President Kazuhito Komiya（29th June 2012, 98Kb）
- New President Elected（12th June 2012, 82Kb）
- ESSAYS AND OTHER MISCELLANEOUS WRITINGS EXCEPT FOR PUBLICATIONS
- Student Life During Wartime（26th July 2020, 46Kb）
- Before The End（16th July 2020, 41Kb）
- Koa Institute of Technology and Fujiwara institute of Technology（28th June 2020, 44Kb）
- Guide to Chiba Institute of Technology 2020 by President Kazuhito Komiya "Traditions, progress and challenges - Chiba Institute of Technology continues to evolve"（1st June 2020, 899Kb）
- Nobutsuna Sasaki and Kenichiro Tomonaga (27th September 2019, 45Kb)
- My Ring (14th February 2019, 37Kb）
- Globalisation and Internationalisation (22nd March 2018, 42Kb)
- Lake Biwa Canal and Philosopher's Way (4th July 2017, 34Kb)
- Guide to Chiba Institute of Technology 2017 by President Kazuhito Komiya "Traditions, progress and challenges - Chiba Institute of Technology continues to evolve"（28th January 2017, 938Kb）
- Why do we study and take an exam?（1st April 2017, 42Kb）